Last year, we shipped over 150 free back issues of American Short Fiction to colleges and universities including Rowan University, the University of Iowa, the University of Wisconsin, Towson University, Missouri State University, and the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. If you’re a creative writing instructor who’s teaching a workshop at a U.S. college or university this fall, we’d be happy to send you a box of back issues to use in your classroom. These could be a teaching tool, or a little bonus for your hard working creative writing students. The choice is yours! Supplies are limited, though, and once these back issues are gone, they’re gone. Take a peek at the rules and guidelines, and drop us a note if you’d like to give your students the gift of short fiction this fall.
Back to School Giveaway Description and Rules:
The first 10 college creative writing instructors to email us at info[at]americanshortficiton.org from their institutional email address (ending in .edu) will receive a box of ASF back issues to give to their students.
In your email, please include the following:
1. Your name and institutional title
2. The name of your college or university
3. Your course number and title
4. Your mailing address
– You must be an instructor at an accredited college or university located in the United States, and you must be able to provide documentation that you are teaching a creative writing course (including verified enrollment) in the fall of 2017.
– Back issues are for distribution to your students and colleagues. Re-sale is strictly prohibited.
– Back issues may only be shipped within the United States.
– ASF is not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
– ASF reserves the right to announce your institution’s name in future promotions related to the magazine (e.g. our newsletter item announcing the results of the giveaway, a Facebook post announcing the results, etc.).
SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED, so email us at info[at]americanshortfiction.org ASAP.